avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

Submitted by Elangovan on Tue, 07/30/2019 - 16:48

hello. i am doing a project where i am trying to upload sketch in my arduino NANO. i have checked wiring and i have even tried changing my USB cable few times but whenever i tried uploading the sketch in my Arduino NANO i am getting following error:

Sketch uses 17360 bytes (56%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 1238 bytes (60%) of dynamic memory, leaving 810 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

i have tried every possible way to rectify the problem but cant get through it. please can u explain the error and a possible solution. 

okay so we have faced this problem when we were using arduino nano. this happens with the chinese cloned arduino nano which you are using right now. the chinese cloned Arduino Nano is still using old bootloader of arduino nano so follow the below instruction to get rid of this error:

Select Tools > Processor > Atmega328P(Old Bootloader) 

This will solve your problem. 

Joined September 20, 2018      8
Thursday at 02:04 PM

The error shown during the compilation and uploading is because of the reason that till now Arduino Nano is using previous/old boot-loaders in it to program. I also faced this issue in start when creating some projects for a STEM education project exhibition; I noticed that all the Arduino Nano board I purchased from local store, accepts the old version of the boot-loader. But no need to worry about this issue. The Arduino Nano works fine and perfectly using this old boot-loader. I recommend you to get advanced products from SSLA along with their support to use them. Here is the latest product launched by them is EFB-IoT, I suggest you to try this one also in your projects.

Joined April 09, 2020      55
Thursday at 02:40 PM

The error shown during the compilation and uploading is because of the reason that till now Arduino Nano is using previous/old boot-loaders in it to program. I also faced this issue in the beginning when creating some projects for a STEM education project exhibition; I noticed that all the Arduino Nano boards I purchased from the local store, accept the old version of the boot-loader. But no need to worry about this issue. The Arduino Nano works fine and perfectly using this old boot-loader. I recommend you to get advanced products from Sierra Software Ltd. along with their support to use them. Here is the latest product launched by them is EFB-IoT, I suggest you to try this one also in your projects.

Joined May 23, 2020      47
Saturday at 02:49 PM